Sunday, January 10, 2010

Update #1

Happy New Year!

I am now 1 month into my training program for the Boston Marathon, so I thought I would write an update. Actually, there isn't much to write. Everything has been going pretty well. Yesterday was the longest run so far (14 miles), and it went fine. The midweek runs are getting up to 6 miles, and those have been fine as well. The cold seems to have slowed me down a little, but I'm not really concerned about it. And the hammy that I tore back in October has been no problem at all.

I've only missed 1 long run so far due to a little food poisoning (on Christmas) and have only had to hit the treadmill about 3 times. Fortunately, I live right next to the start of the carriage road on Comm Ave (that little road that runs parallel to Comm), so that helps for winter running - they keep it well plowed and there are rarely cars on it. I will admit that during last Saturday's long run during the middle of a snow storm, I had the thought that skiing through a snow storm is a lot more fun than running through it! But really I have nothing to complain about. Winter running has been a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

I would like to send a big THANK YOU to all of my sponsors. I had my fundraising goal set at $6,500 and we've blasted through that - over $9,900 raised so far! I'm the 4th highest fundraiser for the Liver Team at this point. I really can't thank everyone enough. The generosity you have all shown is simply incredible. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment