Saturday, October 17, 2009

Welcome!


Welcome to my new blog. As you might know, I am training to run the Boston Marathon in April 2010 as part of the American Liver Foundation's Run For Research team. The Run For Research team is one of the oldest and largest teams associated with the Boston Marathon. We have a goal of raising $1.25 million dollars through the program this year. This might sound like a big goal, but last year the team rasied $1.1 million, so I think we can do it! The money goes to support research, education and advocacy to assist the millions of people suffering from various liver diseases across the U.S.
If you haven't seen my fundraising page, please visit Mike Kim's Fundraising Page. You can learn more about my story and my reasons for running the marathon there. As I am suffering from liver disease myself, I really appreciate any support you might be able to give!


I will be using this blog to give updates on my training and Liver Team events, as well as posting other random thoughts related to running, training or whatever else comes to mind. Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

  1. Best of luck Bud! I'll be more than happy to join you on your long runs on Sundays...maybe I can pace you through Newton when you hit that part of the race! Hopefully I'll be joining you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete